mamaMaking you feel beautiful since 2008!

ghghg

ghghg

ghghg

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Working on a new project entitled Marilyn & Me

So I was thinking the other day that if Marilyn Monroe were alive and, say, at the height of her career... she would be considered a plus size or "curvy" actress by today's standards. I pondered this for a while, knowing that Marilyn's size supposedly started around our size 8 or so but at times was a 14.

Now... if this were true, and the average American woman is a size 14, then what's all the hubbub about with women being over a size 14 - and models that size being plus-sized (and just now getting a little more accepted by American designers and media).

And that thought gave birth to another thought...

What if I were to turn 84 women (because of Marilyn's 84th upcoming birthday) of all ages - but most between 18 and 84 - into Marilyn? And to celebrate the beauty in all women, I wouldn't put them in wigs and special effects makeup... rather I'd photograph them as themselves - but only try to recreate the setting in which the photo was taken. Therefore, putting the women INTO Marilyn's place... if even just for a little while.

Because of this I could prove that all women have a little sexy goddess in them - namely Marilyn Monroe.

So I'm sketching out the details, but I'd like to have it done for Marilyn's birthday month next June.

Now I just need a butt-load of participants to help me out.

Wish me luck!

TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment