1. Make sure you eat!! (Though not big meals!) Foods such as yogurt, protein shakes, protein, salads, veggies, fruits, cheeses, crackers, nuts, and bunless burgers.
2. Bring water and a snack – like a piece of fruit – if your session is booked for more than 2 hours.
3. If your eyes seem puffy, apply cucumbers or tea bags over your eyes for a few minutes to dry to reduce the swelling. It is also okay to buy an over-the-counter cream that does the same thing. Apply it a few times before your shoot.
4. Apply a LOT of lotion or oil the morning of your shoot, and an hour before your shoot. This will keep your skin looking fresh and plump, with a natural glow that will come across as silky smooth in your photos.
5. Stay hydrated! Bring along some water and drink, drink, drink! I hydrated body photographs better and your skin appears healthier in each frame!
6. Wear false eyelashes. Yes, they look fake in real life but in photos they will look amazing! They will give your eyes a sexy, glamorous shape and accentuate your eyes like nobody’s business.
7. If you cannot figure out the false lashes, or if you’re doing your own makeup and there’s just not enough time, then purchase eyelash plumping, thickening and elongating mascara and go to town! Remember that all those mascara advertisers use false lashes and false advertising in their ads so your results won’t look like the photos… but it will be much better than plain mascara or nothing at all.
8. Got a pimple on your big day? DON’T TOUCH IT!!! You will make it redder and bigger and harder to cover. But don’t fret – Photoshop will take all that away.
9. Avoid using any deodorant which may stain clothing. Wear a gel deodorant as the white chalky deodorant will show in your photos.
10. From the moment you get up, wear loose fitting clothing. Preferably – no bra and no panties (and no lines or indentations). No gym clothing, tight pants, and no elastic bands of any kind. Wear loose pants – like PJ bottoms or drawstring pants.
11. Arrive on time or a few minutes early! This is extremely important. Your session may be one of several that day and the time allotted for your session is carved out just for you. Plus, if you’re rushed and running late, the stress may show in your photos.
12. If you haven’t booked a hair and makeup artist, come camera ready.. or as close to it as possible. That way, it’s not eating up your time.
13. If you have a hair and makeup stylist booked, then arrive with freshly washed and naturally dried hair (no straightening) and NO makeup. Just a fresh, clean face for our artist.
14. If you’re arriving at a photo marathon, feel free to finish up prior to your session, as long as you come early and are camera-ready by your appointment.
15. As for Pinup Parties – part of the fun is getting ready by and with your friends during the actual party! So while I set up my portable studio, you and your friends are getting yourselves ready for your many, many photos, poses, and costume changes!